We need information about your student finance to approve your loan. You can get this quickly and easily online! Follow our instructions.
TO BORROW OVER THE SUMMER HOLIDAY YOU MUST HAVE APPLIED FOR 2017/18 STUDENT FINANCE
For students receiving and income from Student Finance England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- Log in to Student Finance Direct using your customer reference number, password and secret answer.
- On the home page, click "Letters and emails" at the top right
- Click on the most recent "Notification of Entitlement" letter.
- Click on the PDF and save it to your phone or computer.
- When completing your Smart-Pig application, upload your PDF and make sure your next student finance date is the first day of your next term
- ONLY IF you are borrowing over the summer holiday, you will also need to take a screenshot (like the example below) of the home page of student finance showing you have applied for 2017/18 year and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For students only with SAAS loans
- Scottish Students with a loan through SAAS must photograph or scan the first page of their awards letter to upload during the application.
For students with NHS student bursaries
- You should have received a lettter saying how much you are due to receive on which days. This letter can be obtained online using the Bursary Online Support System (BOSS).
- Under "Documents" on the BOSS Home page you can download a .pdf of the letter. Save this to your computer to upload during your Smart-Pig Application.